Sunday, August 13, 2006

one more smooth weekend in Belgium

Here is Sunday night, like a week ago I am sitting on my futon and... soooo...plan for this weekend was explore the beach and see sand sculptures exhibition there...ha! here is Belgium! on thursady and friday was raining like cats and dogs, in the evening +11c...yeah, mid of august..would you still be ready for a beach, a?Here came up plan B- go to see Gent!

Sat morning voluntary woke up at 7.30 am( ok, almost voluntary.....my alarm did really great job;))) so, I, Veronica ( trainee from Equador), Eric ( trainee from Malaisia) and his friends...we went to see Gent. We had very nice breakfast in cute, non touristic place...it looked like form a movie:small bakery, where you can pick still warm pie and enjoy your morning coffe with your friends! I havent notice any tourist there, but the place was full of local people, who were enjoying their sat morning. It looked like their ritual, they werent even looking in menus, and waitresses knew what they gonna have sice they step through the door:) well, Gent was really cute! finally the weather become more like august than october:) later on we came back to brussels and joined bunch of other trainees for a Flower carpet. It's really really really impressive, specially then you see it from above.

Flower carpet in Brussels
Gent! It's all about Belgium
After second try to get on the top..
Bikes-not a myth in Belgium




This event happens only everysecond year and only one weekend! so, we felt kind of special...hahah susireiksminom;) then we tried to get on the rood of the war museum..but we were late for 2 min..2 min, and they closed:( but our international crowd ( i think this really good description how we looed like- crowed and very international)...were chilling next to museum in the park....one more thing I am keep on saying- IT'S ALL ABOUT ATTITUDE;) i believe we will do that muesum some day ( it was already second try...ehehe)

Sunday morning was early as well....uh, I such not a morning person..I couldnt believe how come I am starting my day , my weekend day before 8 am...uhh, but it's worth! Dont worry, II dont have any insomnia or stuff like this...We just keeping on new tradition- sunday volleyball...even it's in the middle of nowherre, even it's sunday morning, even it's mist all around, we did beach volley. it's really fun, some lessons about teamwork;) some fresh air for the lights after all we came back to the center and had nice coffe with nice talks:) Brussels is sooo empty and silent on sunday. Siply enjoying our drinks, our company, our time here...nevertheless...one more tradition came up- sunday cooking. Last sunday I made my pink soup performance, this weekend Mitja, slovenian guy, was making slovenian lunch and promissed nexr weekend to make smth slovenian again:) full intorduction to slovenian cuisine and nice chat with guys;)
one the way home I bought biiiiiiig watermelon. Dont knoe why, but it made me very happy, like kid who got a candy. I was almost jumping and smilling in the bus stop with huge watermelon.
Ending up smooth and glorious weekend I watched few black-white Sherlock Holemes movies with my happy happy watermelon

That was my belgium weekend, which I enojyed with my new friends and now sharing with you
Once again and again, it's all about people, all about attitude...

Lakanakt

1 comment:

Ieva said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33514885@N00/215385822/