Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Grass day in Antwerp

Today is famous and wide celebrated Grass day- Zolines:) but it's so called only in Lithuania. Anywayz, as Veronica said, let's go to celebrate, whatever belgiums is celebrating here:) Well said, Vero!;) so, today was day off, I decided to use a chance and catch up Ari ( aiesecer from Antwerp, which I met in OPS 2006(2003)). I was told about his amazing tours! Sooo..again my alarm did a great job and at 10.30 I was already sitting in a train Brussels- Amsterdam going through Antwerp. Appearantly other guys got scared of monday' pour and i was going alone. At the very first Ari asked me how long I want to walk, how comfi my shoes and how much time I wanna spend. Scout woke up in my and I took max tour. It took 8 hours with few stops for a pizza and beer. But about it later. After all my day, with sun, and rain going rounds in Antwerp streets, imaging myself for 2 min like a sheep or cow ( that was necessary to get into mid ages:), visiting amazing secret streets and squares, getting and acomplishing tasks ( like find the differences between 4 buildings, or finding card figures smar hidden just infront of the church) seeing Ruben' works, wisiting red light street, student area, monasteries with cute cute garden inside, trying the best beer in the world ( ppl, calm down, I still love Konrado tamsuji or svyturiuka) and other many many things in Antwerp I can worthily tell, that Ari was the best guide I've ever had!!! Those hours runining around the city in the rain and sun with a friend who really loves doing that, telling stories/legends which almost make you cry or ther ones which makes you laugh that even ppl starts look at you...it's the best!!! Those who remember last year trip to Paris and our professional guide" führer"- I would like to send our Paris guide to Ari to see how guide should work!!!
yeah, about beer no 1. - Trappist Westvletern.Belgium is famous because there are some beers produced only in monasteries. The one I am talking about is exaclly the same. You can't buy it in super market or relurar pub, it's sold only in a very few places in belgium, the bottle is not labeled, only
filler-cap is marked. And when you have it in the pub, the barmen opens a bottle and gives you a filler-cap, like a prove that you just had the best beer in the world( it;s named after some kind of survey, if i am not mistaken by Forbes)...well, you know, I really enjoy dark beer ( yeahhhh, good times in Konradas....), this one was dark and i would dare to say- strong one- 10,2%, a bit sweet taste, but still you can feel that it's strong one. Price of it- like the best beer- 5 euro for 0,33 ( here is normal glass, in LT would be considered as small one, but dont go into details;)). My final impression- Intersting to try, discover smth new, leaving pub a bit tipsy...hahaha...well, it's not my favourite one.
I had really great day! saw paradox of antwerp and all other really beautiful things, had good time. Now finishing my day, traditionally -sitting on my futon and putting all fresh impressions in here.
Quality of life. Sipmy lovin' it

1 comment:

Vija said...

Hey dear! Congrats with starting a blog!!
Good that you have visited two of the coolest cities in Belgium - Gent and Antwerp. And yeah, Ari is the best tour guide ever! You should also get a decent walk in Leuven, Namur and Dinant - they are alos my favorites in Belgium, so I strongly reccomend :)
And, as well, nexttime you`re taking train to Amsterdam, get off at the end stop :) Of course let me know about it! I am sure you`re gonna love it here as well :)