Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Back on track

Yeah, back on track...it's tuesday night, only now I sat down to put my weekend in here...This weekend was early...very early for weekend...again! uh, i'm such not a morning person! but life is life. My roomie Shinta and other DHL ppl were organizing really intersting and beautiful event- Flying blind. It was dedicated to blind ppl who had a chance to jump with parachute!!!! Sounds crazy! when I first heard that- my idea- why do you wanna kill those people?hahah:) So, for this event happen they needed volunteers, I was one of them. there were some known faces, many new ones, but all very nice people. Lots of action form sky diving club people- they were making tricks all the day..sometimes it looked all crowed on the ground stop breathing looking what are they doing! but they are proffesionals! they trained those blind ppl and where jumping with "double"parashutes, all landings were soft and safe. amazing! I can just guess what these people were feeling! I think it's very brave to dare step out from the plane when there is nothing under your feet, when you dont see anything, when you have to trust your life to person who you met first time in your life. I think it's really brave! All landings were met with applause and they were wearing t-shirt"I survived flying blind 2006"! that's cool! The idea of this event came up to Shinta' boss, who is crazy about sky diving and wanted to spread it out for people whom it seems impossible to do it. My dears, everything is possible if there is a wish. I was watching how he was careing about those ppl, wondering about their impressions after the landing..it was fire in his eyes, you could feel his passion. I admire this.
So what I was doing there? ha! shortly-having fun:) there where some jumping castle, trampoline for kids...guess who was one of first people who've tried it..i 'll give you a hint- it wasnt a kid;)))) It's extremely fun! well, later on i helped with other things...met some people who pretty well knew Vilnius and other parts of LT. cool! yeah, wonderful sunny day, with unexpected pours, but that's about belgium;) Of course, having nice belgium beer! Cheers for a great day and i am very happy that I was a part of it!
Uh, sunday morning i was soooooo lazy to wake up, but sunday volley- saint thing...everytime I cannot believe I am doing this, but it keeps on going. we met again the same team, again in the middle of nowhere, for beach volley with some rain, chilly weather, falling in the sand ( like real pros)....yeah, that's fun:)then Mitja, slovenian chef, was cooking slovenian dessert...honestlly, it was really good pancake with peaches...welll, it was like a friend of mine, George for Georgia was explaining that orange in his hand was washington...similar to Mitja... Afterwards, I was dreadly tired, came home, finished my BW sherlock holemes collection...Yeah!
Yesterday was Jan' ( aiesec trainee, coleague of mine) b-day! we met up with some guys from work in one pub with bad service, but good beer...yeah, it remind me good konradas times...oh, yeah...dark beer, nice people.Unfortunately, our project is young, but maybe because may ppl leaving, newies comming, then it's hard to keep traditions, like going for a beer, get know you coleagues in different environment. We will see how it turns:)
Still enjoyin' it! Quality of life
labanakt
Ms Europe;)

No comments: