Friday, August 22, 2008

One more wedding

Wedding seasson around the world. Facebook is flooded with wedding pictures, news as well...India- wedding seasson never slows down. Yesterday my colleague wes getting married. It was the first christian marriage I've attended here.
Since last few days I was staying at home, till the very last minute I was doubting should I go. When finally I made my mind it was 4.30pm ( the first indian wedding in normal time!!!) the time when the ceremony was about to start. The church was just few hundred meters away from my home...so i was there bit late...but everbody was relaxed ( except the groom, the guy i know, hahaha)
well...it was normal level of messsyiness and IST...of course ppl kept looking to me A LOT...i was in VIP role again hahaha:) one old woman came to me and with a nice expression on her face start talking to me...in tamil. the only word i understood was the name of the groom... then i told her that i dont understand what is she saying... so she repeated again in tamil...and so 3 times...:) i just kept smilling.
general impression- crowded and no gala feeling. there were 6 or 7 priests and they didnt really talk about their roles before it seems...few of them start talking at the same time or look confussed who should proceed...the sermon was also more rediculous than teaching smht:) at least for me. ppl of course didnt bother swiching off their cell phones...
while the ceremony was taking place and the serious part was going on...there were constantly at leat 4-7 ppl going in front and taking pictures of the couple with their mobile phones or cameras... ALL THE TIME! can u imagine how messy it looked: 7 priests, the happy couple, 2 prffesional photographers ( who didnt look that proffesional) and constantly running guest with their cell phones.! total mess!!!!
on more thing- at some moment- the groom had to take out his shoes and kneel down..hahah he was wearing white socks!!!!!!! with a black suit on the wedding day!!!! :) toooo funny!
the last but definetly not the least thing- when everything was finished the band ( !!!) was playing wedding march...the couple was walking ( not catching rythm at all, but who cares, they just got married and looked very scared:) and the next song they played was JINGLE BELLS!!!!! i have no explanation for this!!!

wedding crasher

No comments: