Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Start Now

Hola!
Weekend started with a nice drink with my colleagues on Friday night, even there was some adventures about finding the place, but it was fun. Haha, the thing, that we all had to go to one pub, finally I found out how to get there..and guess what, when I was just infron of it- IT WAS CLOSED FOR RENOVATION!!! Nice, isn’t it? But there was a note, how to get to “back up” pub. Of course I haven’t notice that note and “pradejau skambint varpais”, well to sum up, it was nice evening with colleagues, good beer, bit chilly Belgium summer night.
On Saturday we went to the Royal Palace. It’s open only about one month a year. So again, we were lucky. It was nice to look around, me and Jan ( a czech colleague) decided that it would be kind of cool place to live. Yeah!!! And they had a “science room” which was actually more dedicated to kids, you could check physics rules( fizikinius desnius) in a funny way…uh, that was really really fun! Playing in the Royal Palace! Cool! Afterwards we had a nice walk…lol, that crazy guy tried to convince me take part in Brussels’ Marathon next day!! I am not so crazy to sign and take part in marathon voluntarily. Then It was an option just to run part of it…this time I was really inflexible and no compromise was reached! Thanks God! Then we went to have some hot tea. It was like a scene from a French movie: nice outdoor café next to a church, rain water going on the path, few musicians playing with accordion on the street…lovely! In the evening we had house warming/sushi party at new two trainees place! I was surprised how may sushi experts do we have! Yeah, chopsticks and innocent looking,but hot hot green souce was quite a challenge for me;)anyways, that was nice and finally our international crowd ended up in pub next to our home ( yeah, here is everything not so close as it used to be in kaunas, but this pub is still keeping the same distance;)) no doubts,dances are in Spanish ppl blood! I really adore it! Turkish guys made nice performance as well;)
Well, Sunday morning have started with the same question- WHY do I need wake up but volleyball and my will kicked me out from bed;) this time Ewa (my roomie) joined. Yeah, as usually some rain, some sun, some real pour and hot sun again…but we had nice, maybe I should say more fun, game, and those groovy ice-cream, yummy!!! After all this weekend I was exhausted ant took a power nap for about 14 hours;)

There was one thing, which made me feel like at home. You know, when you just go on the street and meet your friend. Not a big deal , uh? On the way to the Royal palace, accidentally I new some other trainees, and inside the palace one more known face! Yeah, so what, u gonna say?! But take into consideration that Brussels is as big as two Vilnius, and I am here for two month, coming here, knowing nobody and now I meet familiar faces accidentally on the street! That’s goodJ)))))

Two little words that can make the difference: START NOW. -Mary C. Crowley

Enjoying quatily of life! If you don’t have it, so START NOW;)

No comments: