Sunday, February 17, 2008

Etiquette vs India


One of the things I'm enjoying most at my work- campaigns! Etiquette campaign is coming up. Today I tried to look for some books at Landmark ( one of the biggest book stores in Chennai)... first I was suggested to look in "self development/improvement" section, near "relationship" section. Good news!!! huge stalls full of books, now it's up to you: become millionaire in year or take 10-100 steps...but how to behave when you are millionaire - nobody knows, nobody cares.

The only thing I managed to find there was Etiquettet for Dummies. When inquired books on protocol...shop assistant took me to astrology section ( no logical connection, at least in my head)


I think that David' picture and caption shows general approach to good manners ( ok, at least SOME manners) This notice is in the middle of bus station, Chennai.
"What? I can't pee in the middle of the bus stand? Damn!"

1 comment:

chocolato said...

Hahaha :) The pic is really killing me. But, hey...you know it is common to have such notices in India. They should put some "Do not vomit out of the bus window" ;) As for Landmark - I visited the one in Gurgaon yesterday - it is really huge, yet very badly organised. I could not find anything...The funny thing is that the shop-assistaint couldn't as well ;)